I learned a lot--especially regarding my CPU limits--with this one. Drew the astronaut in Draw and imported but all other elements were created in AE. The stars are a simple effect but the colors are blobs with displaced turbulence. All in all, there were about layers that each had at least one effect that included an evolving element. The duration is just a few frames over 4 seconds, the frame rate is low (20) and the size is only 750 pixels wide. Still, my computer could not render this file with crashing After Effects. In the end I had to reduce/delete many effects and tweak the export settings. The resulting render turned to be less than ten megs, which leads me to believe that all of those vector calculations are difficult for the processor for a brief moment and then the rest of the render must be very light work.
I love the way the outer space effects came out and want to do more of these on their own (no character). So next time, I'll probably have to consider knitting elements to gather in Photoshop and/or test-rendering as I add each effect to know when the compass reaching its limit.